Friday 17 October 2008

Wish me luck as you wave me goodpie!


My application has been processed and the good news is I'm through to the next stage of the selection procedure for a place on the prestigious Hollands Pie Tasting Panel.
I'm off to Hollands HQ in Baxenden next week where the applicants will be whittled down to the final 12. It’s kind of like the X Factor but with pies! First up there’s a tour of the “Big Kitchen” where the wearing of a Hairnet and protective clothing is compulsory. I reckon I'll look pretty good in a Hairnet though, like one of those East LA Chicano Low Rider type dudes. I’ll also be undergoing a Pie taste test and there’s a presentation on the history of Hollands too. Doubtless the good people there will also treat me to a pie or two as well.
It’s like the episode of Cheers when Norm got a job at the Brewery as a beer taster (though he still nipped back to Cheers in his lunch break). I’ll also be leaving with a goody bag containing a pack of pies and a model of a Hollands vintage van. I have already cleared a little space in my special trophy cabinet for that baby. Full story and pictures to follow.

No comments: